Felt is amazing. It is the world’s oldest fabric and it is strong, warm and beautiful. Felt-making begins with loose wool fibres and these are magically turned into fabric by adding water and soap and by working it with our hands. The possibilities are endless and the Mahoe Hills’ studio is full of inspiring examples. During a workshop you can make two cushion covers, a set of coasters, a bag, a hat, a scarf or a vase or other vessel.
Marion has been felting for many years and will teach you each step right from design through to the finishing of the felt.
The workshop can be one-to-one tuition or you can book with a group of friends. It is a creative and fun day out in the country. A vegetarian lunch can be included or you can bring your own lunch.
Costs for a full-day workshop (9.30 am – 4 pm):
- One person: $130
- Two to four participants: $85 per person
- Child 10-16 years $60 (needs to be accompanied by one or more adults)
- Special rates for groups 4+ people on application. Reduced rates for low-income groups.
- All materials and morning and afternoon tea are included
- Vegetarian lunch can be included $15 per person
Click the link below to send us your questions and requests