Eco-printing and eco-dyeing workshop
Eco-printing and dyeing are magic. All you need is plant material such as leaves, flowers, onion skins and a little rust-solution. Unlike synthetic dyes, the patterns and colours are living and beautiful. Marion has been developing her techniques for many years and now mainly uses a one-pot technique to minimise the use of energy.
In this workshop we use a variety of accessible garden plants to create prints and colours on wool and silk. All fabrics and items of clothing that are used in this workshop are recycled.
If you are interested in eco-printing cellulose fabrics (e.g. cotton or linen) you can contact Marion. This requires a few extra steps and needs some preparation before the start of the workshop.
Costs for a full-day workshop (9.30 am – 4 pm):
- One person: $130
- Two to four participants: $85 per person
- Child 10-16 years $60 (needs to be accompanied by one or more adults)
- Special rates for groups 4+ people on application. Reduced rates for low-income groups.
- All materials and morning and afternoon tea are included
- Vegetarian lunch can be included $15 per person
Contact Us with your questions and requests.